To view discussions in a community, click the link and join the community.
- Advocacy and Policy: Discussion about Advocacy Committee evaluations of AHRQ Funding, FDA CDS Guidelines, Rural Medical Record Legislation, TEFCA and the potential sale of patient data; an RFP by the NY State Health Foundation. Contains outlines of the committee’s process (useful templates for potential use throughout the society). Post in the space to surface additional topics or to inquire about joining the committee!
- Education and Participatory Medicine: Creating a tool for providers to assist their patients in discerning fact from fiction online; an open thread calls for ongoing feedback on a participatory medicine syllabus and eventual core curriculum for primary care residencies.
- The Lounge: postings include a job opportunity at OpenNotes and resources for potential conference attendees, including registration info for the upcoming (May 7) New England Health Executive Network monthly breakfast briefing (to include several SPM speakers), and a discount to attend the upcoming Patient Experience Symposium May 6-8, 2018.
- Open Forum is the most active discussion area:
- SPM wants to hear from members: What themes would you like to see presented during future webinars as part of the Learning Exchange 2018, or at the live SPM conference? Are you interested in speaking or recommending a speaker? Memory recall (the experience of patients in recalling medical histories, and the importance of thorough history-taking on the part of care providers). Study references, a toolkit and specific methods were shared.
- Evidence for the benefit of patient engagement: many references were cited, while noting that the ambiguity and subjectivity of such a deep and multi-dimensional topic challenges a numeric measurement of benefit.
- The de-identification and sale of patient data: how/why is this permitted, and can patients protect themselves?
- Members continued to help each other with finding advocates, disease-specific research, and answering questions.
- The Membership team calls for volunteers!