The Society for Participatory Medicine is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization devoted to promoting the concept of participatory medicine, a movement in which networked patients shift from being mere passengers to responsible drivers of their health, and in which providers encourage and value them as full partners.
In the News…
The results of the survey along with your comments will help shape the future development of our Society. We plan to share overall results with our members in future communications.
Society for Participatory Medicine survey shows that patients want to work more closely with their doctors.
Download our one-pager PDF brochure now.
- Last call: Vote for patient activists (and more) at Health 2.0 next week--e-Patient Dave
- e-Patient alert: “Are sites like WebMD healthful?” Dive in on NYTimes debate--e-Patient Dave
- Sips with the Society: SPM Receptions at Health 2.0 and Connected Health Summit--Susan Woods
- OpenNotes hits TEN MILLION patient level--e-Patient Dave
- Adolescents’ Perspectives on Having Type I Diabetes, on Current Outpatient Diabetes Care, and on Improvement of Care by Using the Internet
- Patient Engagement: A Skill Cultivated Through Deliberate Practice? How the Evolution of Lean May Reveal a New Frontier in Person- and Family-Centered Care
- The Value of a Therapeutic Gardening Intervention for Post-Stroke Patients’ Engagement During Rehabilitation: An Exploratory Qualitative Study
- Alternative Sources of Health Care On Every Corner and in Cyberspace
Our members keep the e-patient conversation going all year long...