From time to time, the Society for Participatory Medicine formulates directions and advice on requests for comments and other initiatives forwarded by various governmental, non-governmental, special interest, industry association, and business organizations.
These statements are the official view of the Society, and have been approved by our Executive Committee.
Below are our latest policy statements.
- The Society for Participatory Medicine’s Response to the PCAST Recommendations (PDF)
Jan 19, 2011
- The Society’s Submission to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (PDF)
Nov 21, 2010
- Sips with the Society: SPM Receptions at Health 2.0 and Connected Health Summit--Susan Woods
- OpenNotes hits TEN MILLION patient level--e-Patient Dave
- How can we cope with uncertainty?--e-Patient Dave
- e-Patients as journal authors: Sean Ahrens self-experiment published in a major journal--e-Patient Dave
- Adolescents’ Perspectives on Having Type I Diabetes, on Current Outpatient Diabetes Care, and on Improvement of Care by Using the Internet
- Patient Engagement: A Skill Cultivated Through Deliberate Practice? How the Evolution of Lean May Reveal a New Frontier in Person- and Family-Centered Care
- The Value of a Therapeutic Gardening Intervention for Post-Stroke Patients’ Engagement During Rehabilitation: An Exploratory Qualitative Study
- Alternative Sources of Health Care On Every Corner and in Cyberspace