From time to time, the Society for Participatory Medicine formulates directions and advice on requests for comments and other initiatives forwarded by various governmental, non-governmental, special interest, industry association, and business organizations.
These statements are the official view of the Society, and have been approved by our Executive Committee.
Below are our latest policy statements.
- The Society for Participatory Medicine’s Response to the PCAST Recommendations (PDF)
Jan 19, 2011
- The Society’s Submission to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (PDF)
Nov 21, 2010
- New ACP center will foster physician-patient collaboration : Internal Medicine News--Ileana Balcu
- Health Information Exchange: We’re not there yet--Casey Quinlan
- It’s time to C-ME (see me): Consumer Mediated Exchange--Ileana Balcu
- From BMJ: The interdependent roles of patients, families and professionals in cystic fibrosis--Ileana Balcu
- Evaluation of a Multistate Public Engagement Project on Pandemic Influenza
- But You Said I Wouldn’t Need Radiation
- The Patient, the Provider, and Participatory Medicine—Are We a House Divided?
- Do You Hear What I Hear? Communication Practices about Medications Between Physicians and Clients with Chronic Illness in Canada