From time to time, the Society for Participatory Medicine formulates directions and advice on requests for comments and other initiatives forwarded by various governmental, non-governmental, special interest, industry association, and business organizations.
These statements are the official view of the Society, and have been approved by our Executive Committee.
Below are our latest policy statements.
- The Society for Participatory Medicine’s Response to the PCAST Recommendations (PDF)
Jan 19, 2011
- The Society’s Submission to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (PDF)
Nov 21, 2010
- Health 2.0: first conference to offer Patient Activist awards. Vote!--e-Patient Dave
- Peter Elias: a physician experiences a portal from the family side, and… #fail--Peter Elias
- “Sister” Organization! AACH: American Academy of Communication in Healthcare--Danny van Leeuwen
- In our journal: exploration of gardening to foster engagement in stroke patients--e-Patient Dave
- Patient Engagement: A Skill Cultivated Through Deliberate Practice? How the Evolution of Lean May Reveal a New Frontier in Person- and Family-Centered Care
- The Value of a Therapeutic Gardening Intervention for Post-Stroke Patients’ Engagement During Rehabilitation: An Exploratory Qualitative Study
- Alternative Sources of Health Care On Every Corner and in Cyberspace
- Engaging Patients in Managing Chronic Disease: An Analysis of Data from the Connecticut Health Care Survey