Participants: Peter Elias, John Grohol, Sarah Krüg, Janice McCallum, Burt Rosen, Danny Sands, Joe Ternullo, Sue Woods

Minutes from March 13, 2018 meeting approved

Announcements

Danny: A patient ambassador orientation guide was developed (with help from participating patient advisors & others)  for the annual meeting of the Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM). It was suggested we adopt something similar for SPM.

Joe- Conference Forum—Joe will write summary notes of this 3-day meeting. He hopes some sponsorships for SPM will result from his participation at the Conference Forum.

Sue: She has looked into several Web conference platforms, including Zoom, JoinMe and UberConference. Liked Zoom best, but can only have 1 admin for base price; each additional admin increases the cost x 2. Sue will ask for suggestions on Connect.  

Document Sharing on Google Drive – Danny Sands
Training on Google Drive and related services is scheduled for April 24 at 7pm. Eran will record via Zoom and the recording will be available to all members.
Danny will send a reminder via Connect.

                                                                       
Learning Exchange – Sarah Krüg

Speaker recruitment. 1st webinar will be on social isolation/loneliness, Still seeking speaker who can speak about their research on isolation/loneliness and is available. Danny has identified someone and will ask if she can participate. If not, we need other suggestions and need to identify speakers/researchers for future Learning Exchange sessions, too. See: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tRnTIs5hXLRv7NCBMdFxAkTXYSGHXD0zAazq-Ft6k0M/edit

SPM Conference Update – Joe Ternullo, Sarah Krüg

Contract, logistics:
Marketing committee meeting today to talk about titles. Came up with a new title they’re excited about. Burt pre-announced: “Make Health Happen: Participate, collaborate, communicate.” Sarah wants to share with events committee before reacting.

There was some discussion about lack of specificity in the suggested title, e.g., it doesn’t mention data. Burt suggests that the subtitle gives us license to include things like “data as a means to an end”.

Joe: if marketing committee has recommended this title, then Joe wants to support it & move on so that our event is listed ASAP on the PCHA conference site and we can attract early registrants.

Danny has some concern about “health” v “healthcare”.

Joe also points out that there’s nothing on our website yet that offers early info on our conference. Furthermore, we really need a point person to manage each line item on control sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kapZdL2L4fGJV_xd1_aOkTecnFmKN00_tizFD4UKJFE/edit#gid=1165290889

Budget: Joe wants to talk to Danny about the budget & discuss at next meeting. Also, sponsor prospectus needs to be finalized.

Next Executive meeting is May 8, 2018 at 4 pm.

Respectfully submitted,
Janice McCallum
SPM Board Secretary

 

 

Donate