Hennings, Mack, Sands, Ternullo, Bersh
Full attendance record available here
Welcome, Goals and Updates Hennings
- Thoughts on a board member “job description.”
- Mary reviews document
- Danny draft. Would like “meaningful financial contribution” is good wording.
- Joe wonders we should provide member with time commitment and benefits received.
- Advancing the mission
- Mary adds we’re not all in a single profession, but there’s a richness here
- Thoughts on structure for committee charter template
- Joe adds that document needs clarity, for example budget. He would like to see committees “break even”
- Eric and Brian talk about an equitable ROI doesn’t have to mean finances. It can represent value
- Joe talk about adding value to newsletter, via ads. Can it be done? Brian comments that yes, it’s possible if we can demonstrate ROI. Brian’s particular focus is engagement
- Joe says our corporate members represent a source of ad revenue
- Danny asks would this backfire, since corporate members already pay a fee to join
- Joe says no, he thinks corporations would welcome a new way to participate with SPM
- Mary mentions that these issues raise questions for each of the committees and SPM as a whole
- Brian agrees with Joe that a new way to advertise in the newsletter is a good idea
- Joe talks about service on a committee being taken seriously when a budget is at stake (i.e., taking a risk by using funds from the treasury)
- Thoughts on format for committee chair and officer job description
- Role of Executive Committee
- Board needs to study
- Mary would like ED on board before final decision made
- Danny talks about that it may be a good idea to re-define the qualifications of the EC
- Other business
ED Search Update
- Currently, 8-9 candidates. Number will be whittled down before interviews. Mary thinks we will have at least 2 for consideration
- Thinks we will have it done in early April
- Chapter inquiry about a new chapter in Nigeria (Moses). Contacted Burt.
- Joe comments that we need to be careful about Nigeria(??). Worries that anything we put in writing about financial matters puts us in jeopardy.
Minutes from Last Meeting Hennings
- Minutes are approved.
Feedback on today’s meeting
Send email to Mary.
Adjourn — 7:00 p.m. ET
Next executive committee meeting: 4/13/21
Next board meeting: 4/22/21