The Society for Participatory Medicine is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization devoted to promoting the concept of participatory medicine, a movement in which networked patients shift from being mere passengers to responsible drivers of their health, and in which providers encourage and value them as full partners.
In the News…
Download our brand-new 2017 brochure now.
WEBINAR: Shared Decision Making in Imaging: How Should Patients and Physicians Discuss the Costs of Care
Society for Participatory Medicine survey shows that patients want to work more closely with their doctors.
- What My 90-Year-Old Mom Taught Me About the Future of AI In Health Care (WBUR)--e-Patient Dave
- RIP: Larry Weed, MD the creator of the Problem-Oriented Medical Record--Ileana Balcu
- “Amenable mortality”: how well 195 countries deliver existing cures (or don’t, so you die)--e-Patient Dave
- SPM member & husband try to get care from one of the “best systems in the world.” #Fails.--e-Patient Dave
- Should Hospital Patients Have Bedside Access to Their Complete Medical Records?
- Lessons Learned in Implementing Patient Family Advisory Councils in Ontario
- The Journal of Participatory Medicine Success
- Activating Racial and Ethnic Minorities to Engage in Preventive Health: Patient Preferences for Health Reminders
Our members keep the e-patient conversation going all year long...