The Society for Participatory Medicine is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization devoted to promoting the concept of participatory medicine, a movement in which networked patients shift from being mere passengers to responsible drivers of their health, and in which providers encourage and value them as full partners.
In the News…
Society for Participatory Medicine survey shows that patients want to work more closely with their doctors.
The award, which was created in 2014, recognizes outstanding programs in patient engagement.
Download our one-pager PDF brochure now.
- Sips with the Society: SPM Receptions at Health 2.0 and Connected Health Summit--Susan Woods
- OpenNotes hits TEN MILLION patient level--e-Patient Dave
- How can we cope with uncertainty?--e-Patient Dave
- e-Patients as journal authors: Sean Ahrens self-experiment published in a major journal--e-Patient Dave
- Patient Engagement: A Skill Cultivated Through Deliberate Practice? How the Evolution of Lean May Reveal a New Frontier in Person- and Family-Centered Care
- The Value of a Therapeutic Gardening Intervention for Post-Stroke Patients’ Engagement During Rehabilitation: An Exploratory Qualitative Study
- Alternative Sources of Health Care On Every Corner and in Cyberspace
- Engaging Patients in Managing Chronic Disease: An Analysis of Data from the Connecticut Health Care Survey
Our members keep the e-patient conversation going all year long...