Our Guiding Principles:
- To guide patients and caregivers to be actively engaged in their health and health care experiences.
- To guide health professional practices where patient experience and contribution is an integral goal of excellence.
- To encourage mutual collaboration among patients, health professionals, caregivers and others allowing them to partner in determining care.
We actively support participatory medicine with these programs and publications:
The Journal of Participatory Medicine
a peer reviewed publication
including opinion, evidence, and perspective.
e-Patient.net, our blog publishing the latest news and
information across the span of health care.
The S4PM Community Forum (our virtual clubhouse for existing members only)
A unified platform for collections of threads sorted by topic sections, links, transcripts, community calendar, live group events, a live news feed from our Twitter hashtag (#s4pm), member pages, and more. Free to all current members of the Society, and supplements our listserv.
Working groups and communities, groups of patients, providers, and other stakeholders, working together for better health care delivery and outcomes.
- Matthew Katz on 23andMe: “Return to Sender, Genome Unknown: Seven Reasons I Will Return My Personal Genome Kit”--@yogileana
- Monthly introduction to e-Patients.net--e-Patient Dave
- My Reasons for Thanksgiving: On The Ultimate Loss of Control, Unclear Diagnoses, and Being a Patient--Daniel Z. Sands, MD, MPH
- Thanks from the Philippines--@yogileana