This is a difficult time for our world, our society, and us as individuals, patients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals—all of us are being stretched to our limits. This pandemic is exposing the gaping chasms in our healthcare systems and public health infrastructure, and is disrupting all of our lives, some more than others. For the geographies where the virus has gained an earlier foothold, our hearts go out to you; the rest of us will likely follow.
We offer some resources to help you. Feedback on additional ideas for this page welcome in comments below.
Epidemiology & Clinical Aspects of COVID-19
Note: this is a novel virus and our knowledge base is constantly evolving. What you read anywhere today may no longer be accurate in a week so look for resources that have been updated recently, such as these.
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) – Up to Date
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) – Johns Hopkins University
- Corona.help Charts
- Flatten the Curve
- Covid Act Now
- Flip the script on COVID-19
- Less Wrong Coronavirus Info-Database
- Aaron Carroll’s Video Q&A
- Find your state’s health department website
- Coronavirus Resources en Español
- COVID-19 Health Literacy Project
Prevention and Self-care
- How to Protect Yourself and Others – CDC
- Symptoms & Testing – CDC
- Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19 – CDC
- A Practical Guide to Staying Safe During the Coronavirus Pandemic – Medium
- How to Disinfect Everything: Coronavirus Home Cleaning Tips – Wired
- COVID-19 Communication Skills – VitalTalk
- Coping with Your Mental Health for Coronavirus – Psych Central
- Managing Coronavirus Stress & Anxiety – CDC
- Coping with Coronavirus Anxiety – HelpGuide
- Coping with Coronavirus Anxiety – Harvard Health Publishing
Free Offerings from Our Corporate Partners
- American College of Radiology
- Comprehensive database of all health tech designed to help in the fight against COVID-19 – Catalyst @ Health 2.0
- Tool for COVID-19 Patient Population Support – Docola
- COVID-19 Resource Directory – OpenMD
- CommunityWisdom: Coping with COVID-19 Challenges – PatientWisdom
- healthie™ COVID-19 Stress Monitor – Pulse InfoFrame
Share Your Thoughts
What are you doing to manage during this unprecedented time? How are you coping? How are you helping others? We welcome you to anonymously share your thoughts here.
Also, consider sharing your thoughts over at the Health Story Collaborative, an organization SPM has partnered with during the pandemic.
Read what others have shared (can scroll table to right to read):
This page was authored and developed by Danny Sands and Brian Mack.