Members Present: Mary Hennings, Eric Bersh, Randy Houk, Danny Sands, Brenda Merriweather, Sarah Krűg, Daniel Halpern-Ruder, Liz Boehm, Vera Rulon, John Grohol
Approve meeting minutes: Mary
October minutes approved. November minutes approved with addition of Vera Rulon as attendeee.
Welcome Liz Boehm: Board
Official welcome. Some board members introduce themselves.
ED Update: Randy
Most 2023 revenue coming from CLEs. Presentation of two scenarios. Mary asks for comments on activity levels for 2023. Vera talks about involvement of standing committees. 2nd scenario approved by unanimous vote. 2nd scenario available here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RcyWjLTHRHWCoJQm8R5sgXjCn9VVWUkl/edit#gid=1819304989.
Focus on patients. Focus on caregivers and clinicians in future years. Liz says hard to stay strictly on patient side when discussing health equity. Overview of planning available on Google Docs as part of board meeting agenda for 12-20-22 (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rr-LXA3Z6J_GsK4-jUipxyJPwYk4oDeA6sm4dWC_87c/edit). Teams comprised of Board members and staff, team leader, project manager (as needed), AV tech (as needed). Randy reminds that CLE planning already has a history from Whittier Street event and can be used for future CLEs. Marketing committee will play a large role, including preparing a prospectus.
- HealthSparq (Danny): April 28, 2023. Health equity. Venue unknown. Need money for this.
- NRC Health (Randy): Contributed 30K already. Other potential sponsors discussed.
- Contributors for content. 4 committed aleady.
New Board Members: Vote
- Susan Strick – no discussion. Danny motions. Vera seconds. Susan approved.
- Mary Quilty – Mary discusses. Strong interest in health equity. Danny motions. Jay seconds. Quilty approved. Two others being considered: Cindy Hale, Patricia O’Brien (Eric has preliminary discussion 12/29).
Adjourned at 7:33 p.m. Next meeting: January 19, 2023, 6:00 – 7:30 pm ET
Eric N Bersh, SPM Board Secretary