This reinforces my repeated assertion that healthcare is far, far behind ordinary enterprise in adoption of practices that work: “When computers replace paper, patient mortality rates drop 15% during hospitalization, among other metrics, according to a study of 41 Texas hospitals by Baltimore-based Johns Hopkins School of Medicine researchers published in the Archives of Internal Medicine.” Full article here. (ModernHealthcare.com)
About our Blog
The e-Patients Blog is the longest running blog devoted to talking about the participatory medicine movement, since 2009.
- Moving Forward to Make SPM StrongerMarch 16, 2021
- Shake up the System: Sign & Share the Participatory Medicine Manifesto!March 8, 2021
- Trust is Complicated: Person-First Safe Living in a Pandemic Part 3March 1, 2021
- We’re Looking for an Executive Director to Join the SocietyJanuary 26, 2021
- Power of People. Pause and Trust. Lynne BeckerJanuary 12, 2021