Howard Rheingold has shared video of a backyard discussion he had with technology pioneers Doug Engelbart and Ted Nelson when they dropped by for dinner, along with Howard’s wife Judy and Nelson’s wife Marlene Mallicoat. Brief but intense discussion of the technology and the “packaging,” as Nelson calls it. Engelbart says “you can embrace all the knowledge there is in a flourish.” Ten minutes or so into the discussion, there’s a conversation about the web and patient empowerment as Mallicoat talks about her experiences researching, and being treated for, lyme disease.
About our Blog
The e-Patients Blog is the longest running blog devoted to talking about the participatory medicine movement, since 2009.
- Moving Forward to Make SPM StrongerMarch 16, 2021
- Shake up the System: Sign & Share the Participatory Medicine Manifesto!March 8, 2021
- Trust is Complicated: Person-First Safe Living in a Pandemic Part 3March 1, 2021
- We’re Looking for an Executive Director to Join the SocietyJanuary 26, 2021
- Power of People. Pause and Trust. Lynne BeckerJanuary 12, 2021