Media coverage of the challenges we face in making good treatment decisions often focuses on and sensationalizes medical errors, catastrophes and risks. So it was great to see this impressive TV news clip circulated by Gary Schwitzer of HealthNewsReview.org in his blog last week. Reporter Jeff Baillon of Minnesota’s FOX 9 news does a great job of making regional health care differences actually matter to the viewer and showing how the principles of shared decision making are critical to the decisions we make about screening and treatment.
About our Blog
The e-Patients Blog is the longest running blog devoted to talking about the participatory medicine movement, since 2009.
- Why I Joined SPM: Brad PowerJanuary 11, 2020
- Apparently Only Doctors Can Help on Twitter?December 15, 2019
- “My Data and Me”: Brenda Denzler’s amazing story at #FHIRDevDaysNovember 24, 2019
- A Romanticised History of SPMNovember 23, 2019
- Jane Sarasohn-Kahn: Social Determinants of Health – My Early Childhood Education and Recent Learnings, Shared at the HealthXL Global GatheringNovember 20, 2019