The Journal of Participatory Medicine has published a research paper entitled “Promoting Participatory Medicine with Social Media: New Media Applications on Hospital Websites that Enhance Health Education and e-Patients’ Voices.” The study analyzed the content of 14 top hospitals’ websites, particularly patient-oriented features. The authors conclude that the convergence of interactive media formats with web-based communication tools will likely enhance e-patient education and promote patient involvement in ways that alter traditional health care interactions, and may lead to enhanced levels of participatory medicine.
About our Blog
The e-Patients Blog is the longest running blog devoted to talking about the participatory medicine movement, since 2009.
- Moving Forward to Make SPM StrongerMarch 16, 2021
- Shake up the System: Sign & Share the Participatory Medicine Manifesto!March 8, 2021
- Trust is Complicated: Person-First Safe Living in a Pandemic Part 3March 1, 2021
- We’re Looking for an Executive Director to Join the SocietyJanuary 26, 2021
- Power of People. Pause and Trust. Lynne BeckerJanuary 12, 2021