Thanks to support from SPM Travel Fund I attended Regina Holliday’s Cinderblocks Conference in Grantsville, MD. Still pound-for-pound the best conference going. Several days of local and national presentations about health, public health, and advocacy. Small, good for me, not necessarily for Regina. Twenty-five people. I found it rejuvenating and inspiring. Heard from Amy Edgar @profamye, Casey Quinlan @mightycasey, Mary Anne Sterling @SterlingHIT, Kistein Monkhouse @patientorator, Robb Fulks @TheInedibleF, Janice Lynch Schuster @jlschuster827, Josh Rubin, Ileana Balcu @yogileana, Mark Johnson @wmdmark, Colin Hung @colin_hung, Mike Mittleman, and many more. The best was Grantsville itself. A vibrant community – we don’t all like each other, but we’re in it together – committed to best health for all citizens. Mostly people I’ve collaborated with before and will certainly collaborate with again. Thank you, Regina and SPM. Next year, third weekend in July. Kistein’s videos of Cinderblocks
About our Blog
The e-Patients Blog is the longest running blog devoted to talking about the participatory medicine movement, since 2009.
- Moving Forward to Make SPM StrongerMarch 16, 2021
- Shake up the System: Sign & Share the Participatory Medicine Manifesto!March 8, 2021
- Trust is Complicated: Person-First Safe Living in a Pandemic Part 3March 1, 2021
- We’re Looking for an Executive Director to Join the SocietyJanuary 26, 2021
- Power of People. Pause and Trust. Lynne BeckerJanuary 12, 2021