Thanks to support from SPM Travel Fund I attended Regina Holliday’s Cinderblocks Conference in Grantsville, MD. Still pound-for-pound the best conference going. Several days of local and national presentations about health, public health, and advocacy. Small, good for me, not necessarily for Regina. Twenty-five people. I found it rejuvenating and inspiring. Heard from Amy Edgar @profamye, Casey Quinlan @mightycasey, Mary Anne Sterling @SterlingHIT, Kistein Monkhouse @patientorator, Robb Fulks @TheInedibleF, Janice Lynch Schuster @jlschuster827, Josh Rubin, Ileana Balcu @yogileana, Mark Johnson @wmdmark, Colin Hung @colin_hung, Mike Mittleman, and many more. The best was Grantsville itself. A vibrant community – we don’t all like each other, but we’re in it together – committed to best health for all citizens. Mostly people I’ve collaborated with before and will certainly collaborate with again. Thank you, Regina and SPM. Next year, third weekend in July. Kistein’s videos of Cinderblocks
About our Blog
The e-Patients Blog is the longest running blog devoted to talking about the participatory medicine movement, since 2009.
- Why I Joined SPM: Brad PowerJanuary 11, 2020
- Apparently Only Doctors Can Help on Twitter?December 15, 2019
- “My Data and Me”: Brenda Denzler’s amazing story at #FHIRDevDaysNovember 24, 2019
- A Romanticised History of SPMNovember 23, 2019
- Jane Sarasohn-Kahn: Social Determinants of Health – My Early Childhood Education and Recent Learnings, Shared at the HealthXL Global GatheringNovember 20, 2019