Welcome New Members!
Thank you for showing your support for Participatory Medicine:
“Participatory Medicine is a movement in which networked patients shift from being mere passengers to responsible drivers of their health, and in which providers encourage and value them as full partners.”
You will be subscribed automatically to our members-only email group. Once subscribed (you’ll receive a separate notice), you can browse the list archive here.
- This is the main meeting place where we share ideas and bounce opinions against other members with various backgrounds.
- On the archive page you’ll also find Get A Password, so you can browse the archives.
If you joined SPM as an individual, your organization can show its support (and display our logo) by becoming a corporate member. Here’s how.
Want to become a more active part of the Society and get involved with our projects?
Volunteer and share your interests through this form. Everyone at SPM, top to bottom, is a volunteer.* You can help!
- Follow us on Twitter (@S4PM) and #S4PM — an active hashtag with lots of links to stories about participatory medicine.
- Like our Facebook page or join our Facebook discussion group.
- Join us on LinkedIn
- Keep up-to-date with all of our efforts by subscribing to occasional email updates.
- Our blog is e-patients.net. Subscribe via RSS or email
- We publish several posts a week. Posts include participatory medicine topics, resources for e-patients, and thoughtful commentaries about important articles on the net; the comments add up to interesting conversations.
- Guidelines for guest posts are at e-patients.net/guestposts. Submit a “Why I Joined” post!
- Our open-access journal is the Journal of Participatory Medicine (Twitter: @JourPM)
- Peer-reviewed, open access, with frequent releases. Categories include Evidence, Perspective, Innovations, Opinion and Media Watch.
- Our monthly newsletter. View the archives or subscribe to the newsletter on the right-hand side of this page. (New members are automatically subscribed upon successful payment of their dues.)
- Our manifesto: the e-Patient White Paper (PDF), in English and Spanish
- The Society’s member list, board and officers, and member listserv archives
- Guidelines for submitting guest posts about participatory medicine, for this blog
- Author guidelines for submissions to the Journal of Participatory Medicine
- Wikipedia pages for participatory medicine and e-patient
Thanks again -– dive in, and spread the word!
(Suggestions to improve this page? Write to email@example.com.)
* The only exception to “all volunteer” is our Journal’s part time managing editor – a job with assignments and deadlines.
- Dell Medical School and the Future of Care--Jon Lebkowsky
- Participatory Personalized Medicine in Action: Pharmacogenomics in Primary Care--Ileana Balcu
- Diabetes patient leaders: apply by 2/15 for fully funded #MasterLab Leadership Institute--e-Patient Dave
- Precision Medicine For Me (a new open collaboration) launches at #PMWC17--e-Patient Dave
- A Framework for Designing Digital Health Tools with Empathy
- Electronic Screening to Increase Identification of Risk: Lessons Learned in the Implementation of an mHealth Risk Assessment Strategy in an Urban Primary Care Environment
- Use of Conjoint Analysis to Determine Patient Preferences for Surgical Treatment of Urethral Stricture Disease
- Exploring Self-Tracking as a Participatory Research Activity Among Women with Endometriosis