Welcome New Members!
Thank you for showing your support for Participatory Medicine:
“Participatory Medicine is a movement in which networked patients shift from being mere passengers to responsible drivers of their health, and in which providers encourage and value them as full partners.”
You will be subscribed automatically to our members-only email group; you can browse the list archive here.
- This is the main meeting place where we share ideas and bounce opinions against other members with various backgrounds.
- On the archive page you’ll also find Get A Password, so you can browse the archives.
If you joined SPM as an individual, your organization can show its support, and display our logo, by becoming a corporate member. Here’s how.
- Volunteering: firstname.lastname@example.org Everyone at SPM, top to bottom, is a volunteer.* You can help!
- General information: email@example.com
- Blog: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media: Like / follow us on
- Twitter (@S4PM) and #S4PM – an active hashtag with lots of links to stories about participatory medicine. Scheduled tweetchats on Wednesday at 8:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT.
- Our blog is e-patients.net. Subscribe via RSS or email, tweets etc.
- We publish several posts a week. Posts include participatory medicine topics, resources for e-patients, and thoughtful commentaries about important articles on the net; the comments add up to interesting conversations.
- Guidelines for guest posts are at e-patients.net/guestposts. Submit a “Why I Joined” post!
- Our open-access journal is the Journal of Participatory Medicine (Twitter: @JourPM)
- Peer-reviewed, open access, with frequent releases. Categories include Evidence, Perspective, Innovations, Opinion and Media Watch.
- Our manifesto: the e-Patient White Paper (PDF), in English and Spanish
- The Society’s member list, board and officers, and member listserv archives (open access)
- Our founders
- Guidelines for submitting guest posts about participatory medicine, for this blog
- Author guidelines for submissions to the Journal of Participatory Medicine
- Wikipedia pages for participatory medicine and e-patient
Thanks again – dive in, and spread the word!
(Suggestions to improve this page? Write to email@example.com.)
* The only exception to “all volunteer” is our Journal’s part time managing editor – a job with assignments and deadlines.
- Communicating the experience of illness in the digital age--Susannah Fox
- Susannah Fox is leaving Pew Research--e-Patient Dave
- A guest post by Zack Berger, MD, PhD: The pledge of the patient-centered physician--Ileana Balcu
- Jessie Christine Gruman, 1953-2014--e-Patient Dave
- A Tribute to Jessie Gruman, Founding JoPM Co-Editor
- Book Review: A Cure for Asthma? What Your Doctor Isn’t Telling You — And Why
- The Challenges of Conceptualizing Patient Engagement in Health Care: A Lexicographic Literature Review
- Lessons Learned from Implementing a Multi-Year, Multi-Project Public Engagement Initiative to Better Inform Governmental Public Health Policy Decisions