Thank you for joining SPM, showing your support for Participatory Medicine:
“Participatory Medicine is a movement in which networked patients shift from being mere passengers to responsible drivers of their health, and in which providers encourage and value them as full partners.”
Welcome to the organization — we’re pleased to have you join us! (If you joined SPM as an individual, your organization can also show its support by becoming a corporate member.) It’s no coincidence that our home page image shows a Habitat for Humanity team working together to build something new.
You will be subscribed automatically to our members-only community forums, SPM Connect within 24 hours. Once subscribed (you’ll receive a separate notice), you can access the SPM Connect forums here. This is the primary meeting place where members share ideas and bounce opinions with one another, with people and professionals from diverse backgrounds.
Get Involved today!
- Read and sign the participatory medicine manifesto.
- Join a local meetup! Right now, the only active meetup is in Chicago. Contact Geri Lynn Baumblatt (email@example.com) for more information.
- Volunteer with SPM! Please fill out our new member skills survey to volunteer your time and skills to the Society. Everyone at SPM, top to bottom, is a volunteer. You can help! Here is the list of our current initiatives and committees.
- Submit an article or essay to our blog (blogging guidelines): firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Social Media
- Follow us on Twitter: @S4PM (or hashtag #S4PM for links to stories about participatory medicine)
- Like our Facebook page or join our Facebook discussion group
- Join us on LinkedIn
- Follow us on Instagram: @participatorymedicine
- Keep up-to-date with all of our efforts by subscribing to occasional email updates.
- Visit and keep up-to-date on our blog. Subscribe via email
- Posts include participatory medicine topics, resources for e-patients, and thoughtful commentaries about important articles on the net; the comments add up to interesting conversations.
- Our open-access journal is the Journal of Participatory Medicine (Twitter: @JourPM)
- Peer-reviewed, open access, with frequent releases.
- Our quarterly newsletter. View the archives or subscribe to the newsletter on the right-hand side of this page. (New members are automatically subscribed upon successful payment of their dues.)
Our origins and additional resources
- Learn about “Doc Tom” Ferguson, the true visionary who coined the term “e-patient” in the 1990s, and accurately foresaw what was starting to happen. The colleagues he collected are the founders of our society.
- Our driving force: the e-Patient White Paper (PDF), in English and Spanish
- Wikipedia pages for participatory medicine (patient participation)
Thanks again -– dive in, and spread the word. Participate!
Suggestions to improve this page? Write to email@example.com.